Documentary Photography book
Title: Documentary Photography
Pedagogy, thinking, and critique documentary photography
Dedication to: Reality
The book has two chapters.
The First Chapter is a pedagogy of documentary photography.
The Second Chapter is trying to determine a theory on documentary through critique and analyzing documentary photography.
The First Chapters Table of Contents:
- Documentary Photography definition and criteria
- Single Image
- Visual literacy and single Image
- Photo Series and Photo Stories
- Whence to create documentary photo stories?
- Various kinds of photo storytelling and their differences
- A piece of educational advice for starting the praxis of photo storytelling
- Photography Style and how to create it
- Studying several works from documentary photography masters
- Exceptions in documentary photography
- Environmental Portrait
- Educational chart of the first chapter
- Methods of documentary photography representation
- How to write a statement and proposal for a photo story
- Some examples for writing proposals
- How to create a photo portfolio
- The roles of documentary Workshop and Master Classes
The Second Chapters Table of Contents:
- Documentary Photography, mechanism of transformation or conservatism
- The Theory of Event / Reality
- Is there room for Iranian Documentary Photography?
- Critique Iranian Documentary Photography through representation, from photojournalism to Anthropology, Ethnography, and Iranology photography
- The Last Word
- Documentary Photography, language of a lover
Published by Shourafarin Book Publication / Tehran September 2013
This book until 2019 five times re-published, and then because of the need to refer and reading was illegally published free on the Internet.
Cover Designer: Javad Atashbari